Patents are used to protect inventions. A product or process that has a new technical feature can be patented and benefit from a 20-year term of legal protection. Contact us for assistance. Our office is in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. To our professional colleagues outside South Africa: let us assist you with PCT national phase patent applications.
If you are new to patents click here.
If you would like to discuss patents in person you are welcome to visit us for a free first consultation at our Camperdown office (situated between Pietermaritzburg and Durban in KwaZulu-Natal). Instead, if it is more convenient for you, we can travel to your own premises anywhere in the KZN region. For clients based further afield, we are happy to consult over the telephone +27 (0)31 785 1190, +27 (0)78 131 4104, or via Skype (moorepatent).
List of Services
- Consulting and advising on all patent- and other IP-related matters.
- Preparing and filing of patent applications.
- Prosecuting patent applications through to grant, both here in South Africa and around the world.
- Filing PCT national phase patent applications in South Africa. We also file in ARIPO, OAPI and all other African jurisdictions.
- Payment of renewal fees for patents.
- Patent validity studies.
- Patent infringement opinions.
- Freedom-to-operate studies.
- Defensive publication of technology to block competitor patents.
- Enforcement of patents and other intellectual property in South Africa.
- Patent litigation.
- Patent Office searches.